Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

We are Christ




At the center of all this, Christ rules the church. The church, you see, is not peripheral to the world; the world is peripheral to the church. The church is Christ’s body, in which he speaks and acts, by which he fills everything with his presence. Ephesians 1:22-23

It is essential to understand "Church" as the Body of Christ if this passage from Paul is to make any sense at all. The institutional church of structure, hierarchy, processes, and rules--all necessary in some way for human concerted action--is not the Church but rather serves the Church. We together are the Church which is the Body of the Christ. We are the way that Christ as head is to be present in the world, our world of everyday reality.
Each of us is called to a vocation of accepting that reality and to speaking and acting in the world in a way that expresses the deepest reality of the Divine: all embracing and all inclusive love.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Charissa Run,Rochester,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment