Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Reign of God has come near



“When you enter a town and are received, eat what they set before you, heal anyone who is sick, and tell them, ‘God’s kingdom is right on your doorstep!’"Luke 10:9

On this feast of St. Luke, this is the final sentence of commissioning of the 72 disciples Jesus sent ahead of him to the towns he would later visit. The fundamental message was simple: The Reign of God is at hand, is close to you, is right under your nose. The Reign of God is here right now in each one of us if only we respond to the offer of life and love extended by the Divine through Jesus Christ. We don't have to wait for some by and by. Right here and right now, if only we say yes.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Charissa Run,Rochester,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment