Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Faith, real faith, is the key


Then those who grew up ‘in the faith’ but had no faith will find themselves out in the cold, outsiders to grace and wondering what happened.  Matthew 8:12

 The miracles that Jesus performed were not so much demonstrations of his power although that is typically what we were taught and what we continue to believe.  Little surprise that we do since it is much easier to believe that the "Son of God" has the power to heal us than to believe that it is our faith in the Divine One and the Word of the Divine One that heal us.  It is more comfortable to somehow think that we need to convince the Divine One to take saving action in our lives than to realize that our faith is what saves us.

The only prayer that makes any sense is a prayer for faith, a personal relationship with the Divine One which changes us and everything in our lives.  The photo above contains both the beauty and the ugliness and the randomness of life, my life.  The divine One is in each and every piece of my life and yearns to transform me into the beauty that has always been my truest self.  If only, I can say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment