Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Monday, March 11, 2013

New heavens and new earth

Thus says the LORD:Lo, I am about to create new heavensand a new earth;The things of the past shall not be remembered or come to mind.  Isaiah 65

As difficult as it might be for me to understand, faith in Jesus the Christ recreates me and my world.  Of course, this does not objectivvely changethe realities I face in my life but it does change my subjective reallity.  How I respond to the flow of life in which I find myself does change.

I am called to work toward transformation of that reality even knowing that it is work of the Divine not of human hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment