Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Monday, January 14, 2013

The whole story in a nutshell




Jesus came to Galilee proclaiming the Gospel of God:
“This is the time of fulfillment.
The Kingdom of God is at hand.
Repent, and believe in the Gospel.”
Mark 1:14-15


The time has finally come when the Divine One asserts its rule over all that is. That rule is based on love and justice for all creation without regard to tribal identity, religious belief, life style choices, sexual identity, and all the other characteristics of being human that we can use to separate and judge people. The only ones excluded are those who exclude themselves.

To enter this divine reality we need to change our lives and live this good news. It is not a matter of believing certain doctrines or mysteries as tests of membership but of living my life from the reality of Jesus within me. In that way, my life will reflect "The Way" of which the early Christians spoke. Nothing could be harder or easier.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Charissa Run,Rochester,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment