Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Is my life like thunder in the desert?




“I’m thunder in the desert: ‘Make the road straight for God!’ I’m doing what the prophet Isaiah preached.” John 1:23

When the Jewish officials came out to question John about his identity and his ministry, his reply perhaps raised more questions rather than provided answers. The traditional translation has him saying, "I am a voice crying in the wilderness...." The Message uses the more startling "thunder in the desert."

The import of this passage for me is clear if unsettling. Is my life like thunder in the desert announcing the presence in our midst of the Lord and the Reign of the Divine? Does my life--not just my words--announce the Good News?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Charissa Run,Rochester,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment