Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Peace of Christ surpassing all understanding




Brothers and sisters:
Rejoice in the Lord always.
I shall say it again: rejoice!
Your kindness should be known to all.
The Lord is near.
Have no anxiety at all, but in everything,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
make your requests known to God.
Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding
will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7


These words take on added significance in light of the mass killings at Newtown CN on December 14, 2012. Human understanding cannot make any sense of what happened there. And yet our very divine humanness yearns for some kind of understanding, something that makes sense out of the senseless.

Last week before that tragedy I posted the following on Facebook: "Because there is evil in the world does not mean there is no grace. Because there is grace in the world does not mean there is no evil. My challenge is to confront both realities within myself." These words ring more true now than when I wrote them.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Charissa Run,Rochester,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment