Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Welcome to the family.

Azaleas add splash of color to Rochester Spring in Highland Park
In love he destined us for adoption to himself through Jesus Christ,in accord with the favor of his will,for the praise of the glory of his gracethat he granted us in the beloved.  Ephesians 1:4-6
Here is the reality which it is still so difficult for me to accept.  The Divine One has a plan for me...and for everyone.  That plan is nothing less than making me a son, a member of his family, as Christ is.  through my relationship with Christ, I enter into the interior life of the Trinity, entering hand in hand with Jesus.

This requires nothing more than simply accepting that reality.  I don't have to measure up; I have already been measured and found to be just right.  This is our common destiny.  Perhaps it is expressed differently in the many different religious traditions but they all come to the same point.

No comments:

Post a Comment