Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Divine One is here...where am I?

The last dahlia of the season.
The LORD is near to all who call upon him,to all who call upon him in truth. Ps 145:18
This a simple, searing truth.  Like all similar truths, it is easily forgotten in the press of our "real" lives.  

The Divine One is everywhere, all the time.  Within me.  Outside me.  Within all that is, has been, or ever will be.  Much like the dahlia in the back garden pictured above, the Divine One is there but not really present to me until I look and see it.  The dahlia is present regardless of my attention but it cannot be present to me until I attend to it.  

The same with the Divine One.  Until I slow down and quiet down, I am not present to the divine that is within and all around me.  And the Divine One cannot be present precisely to me.  The good news is that the Divine One waits for me everywhere as soon as I begin to look and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment