Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Friday, June 27, 2014

I am back blogging.

The old hydro generating building at Lock 33 on the Erie Canal
It has been almost a year since I last posted here.  I intend to begin publishing one or two a week as reflections on the daily scripture readings from the lectionary.  I can't remember now exactly  why I stopped but it was a conscious decision rather than inattention.  I did become busy with a community organizing effort in Rochester.  In truth I became too busy and over committed.  There is only so much time available to and some things had to take a back seat.  This blog was one of them.

I don't think anyone missed it.  I had no followers and almost no indication that anyone was reading it.  No matter that.  I primarily write this to help me reflect on the daily readings and focus on an insight or thought for my own life as someone who tries to follow the way of Jesus the Christ.

I will continue as I have with a photo or image which I have made along with a quote from scripture and then a reflection or observation.  Sometimes there will be a connection between the image and the reflection but not necessarily.  Also I do not intend that this will be a daily blog.  During the time I was active with posting, it average about two posts a week.  That seems about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment