Welcome

This is a blog that I post to several times a week although not necessarily daily. These reflections are triggered by the scripture found in the lectionary used by many Christian denominations. While I am part of the Catholic tradition, these posts are not --or rarely--sectarian. I try to put myself in the space of a of Jesus Christ and listen to words that come to me as I read and pray the scriptures. Each post also includes a photograph. These rarely have any connection to the content of the post but are simply pleasing images that I capture as I make my pilgrimage through life.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Consume the Word of the Divine One




In Sunday's gospel, Jesus tells his disciples and us that he is the Bread of Life and those who eat his flesh--the bread of life--will live forever. In this he echoes Ezechiel who experienced his call in a vision where God offered him a scroll with God's words for the people. He was to eat this scroll which tasted sweeter than honey and then announce its content to the people.

The Divine One is present in my life in many ways. Two of the most obvious are in the celebration of the Eucharist and in the words of Scripture. I am to consume both of these so that the presence of the Divine in each becomes part of me in an essential way. My words, my actions, my life in every way are all to expressions of this presence for a world that hungers for meaning. The actions that speak loudest are those that value those whom we so easily forget, the unimportant people in our society.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:E College Ave,Appleton,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment